The characteristics of object-oriented programming is supported by Java, a widely known high-level programming language. A group called the Green Team, headed by James Gosling, launched the Java Project.
A new programming language for embedded devices was being developed by Sun Microsystems engineers, under the direction of James Gosling, towards the beginning of the 1990s. They desired a language with a syntax comparable to C and C++ that could operate on any device, independent of its hardware or operating system.
- The language was originally called Oak, but that name cannot be used because it was already a trademark.
- A group under the direction of James Gosling began work on the effort to create this language in 1991. The group was known as the Green-Team.
- They started by expanding the C++ development that was already underway since they had chosen from the beginning that the development should be platform-independent.
- By 1992, a PDA called “Star 7” had been created and was powered by Java Technology.
- The Java compiler was initially introduced to Java in 1994.
Java was developed by Sun Microsystems workers James Gosling and Patrick Naughton with the help of Bill Joy. It officially debuted in 1995 with SunWorld and was later purchased by Oracle in 2009, which explains why Oracle now owns the language.
Java’s first official release
- Java was formally released in 1995, which is recognised as the year of release. The release was a big success because tens of thousands of downloads were held as soon as Java was published.
- Several APIs, including the Java Media API, Telephony API, and the card API, which would operate on SIM cards and other smart Cards, were added to the language in 1996.
- After the addition of several new and enhanced APIs in 2006, Java was ultimately open-source, and Java SE-6 was also published that year.
- With the introduction of JavaFX in 2007, the previously employed swing library was replaced and Java Library was improved utilising XML.
- When Android was introduced in 2008, it was also
The HTTP Protocol and the Mosaic Browser’s Arrival
The introduction of the HTTP protocol and the Mosaic browser in 1993 represented a turning point for the project. The team came to the conclusion that the Internet would be the best network for positioning their product during this period.
Then, in 1995, James Gosling introduced WebRunner, a browser that could display HTML content together with Applets. From there, things quickly advanced. WebRunner first evolved into HotJava, and subsequently java.sun.com was formally launched.
In honour of the programmer’s preferred beverage, coffee, which is produced in part on the island of Java, the technology eventually took on the moniker “Java,” which is short for “coffee” in American slang.
Features of Java Programming Language –
- Java is straightforward and easy to learn, and it includes the characteristic of commenting out extraneous text, which makes it simple to grasp for both programmers and readers. Java gets rid of a lot of complicated features like explicit pointers, storage classes, goto instructions, and many more. A very helpful aspect of the garbage pickup is also provided.
- One of Java’s most beneficial and well-known advantages is that it can be created and used on a variety of computers, even if their architecture has changed. This is known as platform independence. Write once, read anywhere is the name of this Java functionality (WORA). Java implements this capability via the Bytecode notion, which we shall cover in more detail.
- Nearly all Java code is contained within Classes, and access to them is accomplished by making their instances or objects.
- Robust — This describes a language’s ability to handle run-time failures and enable garbage collection. Its memory management technique is effective. Code is examined both at build and run time, assisting in the eradication of mistakes.
Easy to do Java Test
To know the correct working of your Java Programme, it is very easy to do your Java Test to make your programme running more efficient and effective.
Interactive and Multi-Threaded
Multithreading, sometimes referred to as thread-based multitasking, is a feature that permits running many threads concurrently.
Simply said, by designing several threads, we may create Java applications that handle numerous tasks concurrently. The benefit of multithreading is that all threads share a shared memory space rather than taking up memory for each individual thread.
The compiler creates highly optimised bytecodes that can be executed considerably more quickly by the virtual machine. Java runs more quickly than other conventional interpreted programming languages because of this.
Flexible and Dynamic
The ability to dynamically connect new class libraries, methods, and objects is provided by this functionality. Java is quite dynamic since it may change with its surroundings.
This function is useful when we create substantial projects. A software can be divided into several portions and kept on various machines. As a result, developing distributed, scalable applications that operate across numerous nodes is simple.
We may do this by utilising the RMI (Remote Method Invocation) and EJB concepts (Enterprise JavaBeans).
Easy to Understand
First off, Java’s code language, which is clear and straightforward to comprehend, makes it simple. Also, it avoids using other languages’ intricate and challenging features, including the idea of explicit pointers.
Third, Java is well-known because it is built on well-known languages like C++ and integrates many of their capabilities.
Evolution of Java EE
When Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) was introduced in 2006, it came with frameworks and tools for creating business software systems. Once Sun Microsystems was bought by Oracle in 2009, Java received frequent upgrades and new features.
Due to its platform neutrality, user-friendliness, and open-source nature, Java is now frequently used for creating business software systems and mobile apps. It’s expected to continue to be a major force in the programming industry for many years to come.
Mercer | Mettl online coding test and Java Programme Test
Mercer | Mettl provides you many ways for your online coding test and helps to do your assignment test and provides you best assignment tools to make your framework or programme work successful.
Read Also: What is full form of HTML