Winter Honeymoon Destination in India: There are some breathtaking honeymoon places in India. Wedding and honeymoon are two things that are always in demand and happening in a country like India. And with thousands of wedding venues, the biggest question that arises is which are the best places for honeymoon in India. Well, our country India is full of wonders and wonderful places that offer interesting and romantic honeymoon spots to married couples.
Newly married couples can plan a trip to the paradise of India, Jammu and Kashmir or can also think of Goa. Which is wonderful beach land in India. Some of the other best romantic getaways in India for honeymoon include Coorg, Ooty, Shimla and Nainital and many more.
Today you will know which are the best and cheapest honeymoon places in India, 10 best honeymoon places for winter, best place for a honeymoon.
Often, love marriage couples decide the place of travel, but those in arranged marriages have to decide the place of travel in a hurry or suddenly. In such a situation, you can choose your honeymoon destination immediately through this article, there are many places inside India where you can easily roam in winter. Let’s know about them.
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Shimla’s first name comes in the best honeymoon destination in winter. It is a very beautiful city located in Himachal Pradesh. It is also the most beautiful hill station of India, Shimla is also known as the city of 7 hills. You can visit here again and again to see the snowfall, high mountains, farms, mall road, and panoramic view. Here you can also do trekking, hiking and skiing on the snow.
There are many beautiful places to visit in Shimla like Jakhu Temple, Mall Road, Ridge, Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla Railway Station, Sanjauli, Kufri, Chail, Summerhill and Fagu. The best time to visit Shimla is in the winter season.
• How to reach: Shimla can be reached by air, train and road.
• Air Travel: If you are going to Shimla by air, then you will have to land at Jubbarhatti Airport, Shimla is 23 kilometers away from here. You can reach your destination by bus or taxi.
• Rail Travel: You can also visit Shimla World Heritage by Kalka-Shimla toy train. It is a thrilling journey. Which everyone wants to enjoy.
• Road trip: You can reach Shimla by road via Chandigarh. You can easily reach Shimla by bus, train or your own car.
Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Manali’s name is taken first in Best Honeymoon Destination. It is a very beautiful destination situated in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, which is surrounded by flowers, gardens and lush green mountains. Rohtang Pass, Solang Valley, Old Manali, Bhrigu Lake, Hidimba Temple, Manikarna and Jogini Falls are some of the best places to visit in Manali for couples.
Manali, situated at an altitude of 2,050 meters above sea level, is one of the best summer honeymoon destinations in India, from where a large number of newly married couples start their life every year. Manali weather, snowy peaks, splendid weather, mesmerizing waterfalls and rivers make it the best summer honeymoon destination in India. The two twin sisters of the Himalayas will give you an amazing experience where you can enjoy the beauty of the plains while making love with your partner.
How To Reach: You can reach Manali by road and air.
Air travel: If you are going to Manali by air, then for this you should book a few months in advance. This will give you more convenience. While Bhuntar Kullu Manali Airport is the nearest to Manali.
Road Trip: You can also take a road trip to Manali, from which you can reach by private bus, government bus, taxi or private car while enjoying the sightseeing.
Nainital is one of the most beautiful honeymoon destinations located in Uttarakhand. It is famous for its natural beauty amidst the hills of Kumaon. Here you can visit Tiffintop, Kilbury, Nainital Lake, Snow View Point, High Altitude Zoo, Land’s End and Hanumangarhi.
• How to reach: You can travel to Nainital through all three air, rail and road journeys.
• Air Travel: Pantnagar is the nearest airport.
• Rail travel: Kothgam is the nearest railway station to Nainital. From here you can take bus or taxi.
• Road trip: You can go to Nainital by bus, car via NH-87.
• Total Cost: The cost for 5-6 days can be around Rs.12,000 per person.
Daman and Diu
India’s Union Territory of Daman and Diu is also a very beautiful coastal area. Here you can enjoy the honeymoon period very well. In winter, you can spend a relaxing time with your partner by the sea here. In Daman and Diu, you can visit Fort Jerome, Jampore Beach, Devka Beach, Nagoa Beach, Meerasol Lake Garden and Lighthouse.
• How to reach: All three can reach Daman and Diu by road, air and rail.
• Air travel: You can reach Daman and Diu through Mumbai airport. From here you will reach your destination by taxi.
• Rail Travel: You can go to Daman and Diu from the nearest railway station Vapi.
• Road trip: You can reach Daman and Diu by car or bus via Mumbai and Vadodara.
Gulmarg, Jammu And Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir is also called Mini Switzerland. Gulmarg is a very beautiful hill station located in the Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir, the most beautiful state of India, which is famous all over the world for its beauty and beautiful valleys. Here you can enjoy the views of nature, snowy mountains, meadows full of flowers and the magnificent Dal Lake with your partner.
Snow-capped mountains, lush green meadows, deep gorges, evergreen forests, enchanting mountains, hills and valleys, Gulmarg is no less than a paradise for honeymoon couples. This is the perfect destination for adventure lovers and nature lover couples. Apart from enjoying the beautiful views in Gulmarg, you can enjoy many adventure activities like skiing, golf, trekking.
Gondola, Khilanmarg, Ningli Nala, Afravat Peak, Baba Reshi and Ferozpure Nala are famous tourist places in Gulmarg. Apart from this, you can also go for skiing, Dal Lake tour, golf, trekking and cable car ride in Gondola. The best time to visit Gulmarg is from March to October.
How To Reach: Gulmarg can be reached by all the three modes of travel – road, rail and air.
Air Travel: The nearest airport is Srinagar, from here you can reach Gulmarg by bus or taxi.
Road trip: Gulmarg can be reached by own private car or by bus to nearby cities.
Rail Travel: From Jammu Kashmir Railway Station you will reach Gulmarg by taxi car.
Ooty, Tamil Nadu
Ooty, located in South India, is the most beautiful, serene and pollution-free hill station in the country. Ooty is a beautiful hill town in Tamil Nadu with tea gardens and red roofed houses. Because of this specialty of OT, many films are shot here. You can enjoy boating on the lake shore here.
In Ooty, you can visit Kotagiri, Madumalai Wildlife Sanctuary, Ooty Botanical Garden, Ooty Lake, Ooty Rose Garden, St. Stephen’s Church and Dodabetta Peak.
• How to reach: Ooty can be reached by all the three routes.
• Air Travel: The nearest airport is Coimbatore International Airport. From here you can reach Ooty via bus or taxi.
• Road Travel: To reach Ooty by road, you will have to take the Tamil Nadu State Road Transport Corporation’s bus service.
• Rail travel: Mettupalayam is the nearest railway station to Ooty. You will reach Ooty via taxi car.
Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh
Dalhousie Hill Station located in Himachal Pradesh is the most romantic and beautiful honeymoon place in India. Thousands of tourists come to visit here daily. Nestled between 5 hills, this city is spread over 14 square kilometers. Here you can enjoy snowfall, peace and green hills all around with your partner.
Patrick’s Church, St. Andrew’s Church, St. Francis, Bakrota Hills, Gandhi Chowk, Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary and Khajjiar, known as Mini Switzerland, can also be visited in Dalhousie. The best time to visit here is in December and January.
• How to reach: You can reach Dalhousie through all the three routes.
• Air travel: You can reach Dalhousie by bus and car via Pathankot airport.
• Train travel: From Pathankot’s Chakki railway station, you will reach Dalhousie by bus and car.
• Road trip: Direct bus can also be taken from Delhi Kashmiri Gate or other nearby cities.
Jaisalmer is a historical city of Rajasthan. Here you can enjoy sandy beaches, attractive forts and camel ride. Jaisalmer is also known as the Golden City. You can create sweet memories of your honeymoon while listening to the forts, monuments and folk music with your partner. From the month of December to February, you can enjoy visiting Jaisalmer differently.
• How to reach: You can reach Jaisalmer by any means of air, rail and road.
• Air Travel: The nearest airport is Jodhpur Airport. From here you can reach Jaisalmer by taxi or bus.
• Rail travel: Can reach Jaisalmer railway station from any city.
• Road trip: Direct buses are available from all the states of northern India to Jaisalmer. You can also come here by personal car.
India a beautiful union territory Pondicherry is the best place for honeymoon. This is the maritime part near Chennai. Here you can walk hand in hand with your partner along the seashores. In Pondicherry, you can visit tourist places like Aurobindo Ashram, Paradise Beach, Promenade Beach, Serenity Beach, Light House and Gokilambal Thirukmeswara Temple, Auroville Tourist Place, Arikamedu, Raj Niwas, Botanical Garden,
• How to reach: You can reach Pondicherry through all the three routes.
• Air Travel: You can reach the city by bus or taxi after landing at Pondicherry airport.
• Rail travel: From Villupuram Railway Junction station you can take cabs or taxis to the city.
• Road Trip: You can also reach Pondicherry by car and bike.
Udaipur located in Rajasthan is the most beautiful tourist destination in India. It is also called the city of lakes. It is full of beautiful lake, grand temple, grand building. Udaipur is also famous for magnificent forts, temples, beautiful lakes, palaces, museums, and wildlife sanctuaries. Udaipur is a perfect destination for honeymoon.
In Udaipur, you can visit many beautiful places like Lake Pichola, City Palace, Sajjangarh Palace, Fateh Sagar Lake, Jagdish Temple, Doodh Talai Musical Garden and Jag Mandir Palace.
• How to reach: All the three facilities are available to reach Udaipur.
• Air Travel: Maharana Pratap Airport is the nearest airport to Udaipur.
• Rail Travel: You can reach here from Udaipur City Railway Station.
• Road trip: You can also come to Udaipur by your own car or bus.
It is very important to choose the right place for honeymoon. There are many beautiful honeymoon destinations in India. In this post, we have listed the top honeymoon destinations for winters. If you are planning a honeymoon, then read this post completely, you will get a lot of information.
Read Also: Bali Famous Tourist Place