Summer Honeymoon Destination in India: Summer season or say the summer months are some of the months of the whole year when maximum number of marriages take place in the whole of India. Be it love marriage or arranged marriage, honeymoon is the most important and memorable part of starting married life, which every newly married couple wants to enjoy and make the most special moments of their life. Honeymoon gives an opportunity to newly married couples to start their married life by spending quality time with their life partner.
If you too are about to get married in this sacred relationship and are now searching for the best places in India for honeymoon in summer, then let us tell you that there are many such destinations in India which are the perfect option for summer honeymoon destination where you Away from the scorching heat, you can enjoy many such activities including water sports activities, snow fall with your partner, which will make your honeymoon trip memorable for life time, so let us know the most special places in India for honeymoon in summer. places –
Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Manali’s name is taken first in the best honeymoon destination. It is a very beautiful destination located in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, which is surrounded by flowers, gardens and lush green mountains. There are several romantic locations in Manali, including Rohtang Pass, Solang Valley, Old Manali, Bhrigu Lake, Hidimba Temple, Manikarna, and Jogini Falls.
- How to reach: You can reach Manali by road and by air.
- Air travel: If you are going to Manali by air, then you should book for it a couple of months in advance. This will give you more convenience. While Bhuntar Kullu Manali Airport is the closest to Manali.
- Road trip: You can also use road trip to reach Manali, by this you can reach by private bus, government bus, taxi or personal car while enjoying the sightseeing places.
Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir is also called Mini Switzerland. Gulmarg situated in Kashmir is the most beautiful part of the country. Couples from all over the country come here to enjoy their honeymoon period. Here you can enjoy the view of nature, snowy mountains, meadows full of flowers and the magnificent Dal Lake with your partner.
Gondola, Khilanmarg, Ningli Nallah, Afarwat Peak, Baba Reshi and Ferozpure Nallah are the famous tourist spots in Gulmarg. Apart from this, you can also go skiing, Dal Lake tour, golf, trekking and cable car ride in Gondola. The best time to visit Gulmarg is from March to October.
- How to reach: Gulmarg can be reached by road, rail and air all the three ways.
- Air Travel: The nearest airport is Srinagar, from here you can reach Gulmarg by bus or taxi.
- Road Trip: Gulmarg can be reached by own personal car or by bus to nearby cities.
- Rail Travel: From Jammu Kashmir Railway Station you will reach Gulmarg by taxi car.
Andaman and Nicobar
The ideal and romantic honeymoon destination is Andaman and Nicobar. The Bay of Bengal is where it is situated. The nicest beaches, white sand, cuisine, resorts, and breathtaking water sites can make anyone’s mind happy. You can go to Radhanagar Beach, Diglipur, Ross Island, Viper Island, Elephanta Beach, Neil Island, Cellular Jail, Havelock Island, etc.
- How to reach: You can reach Andaman by air and water travel.
- Air Travel: Port Blair is the nearest airport to Andaman. Air service is available from here only to major cities Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bengaluru.
- Water Travel: Port Blair can be reached by ships from Chennai, Kolkata and Visakhapatnam only.
Goa is also the most favorite and romantic honeymoon place in India. Here it is great to hang out on the beach with your partner, enjoy the wonderful weather, live the Portuguese agriculture and nightlife. The major ones in Goa are Calangute Beach, Anjuna Beach, Baga Beach, Bagatore Beach, Sinkarian Beach, Palolem Beach and Miramar Beach. Apart from this, you can also enjoy candle light dinner and dance and songs on the cruise. Couples enjoy the best honeymoon period in Goa.
- How to reach: Goa can be reached by all the three journeys.
- Air Travel: On reaching Goa airport, you can take a taxi to reach your resort.
- Rail Travel: You can also come here from Goa Railway Station.
- Road trip: You can also reach Goa with the help of your car or bus.
Leh Ladakh is a very beautiful place in Jammu and Kashmir for honeymoon in summer months where you can go on honeymoon with your partner. High snow-capped peaks, vast stretches of glaciers, beautiful views and cold deserts are the main attractions of Leh Ladakh, which attract thousands of married couples to come here on honeymoon in summers.
Activities to do in Leh Ladakh
- River rafting
- Mountain biking
Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
One of the best honeymoon destinations in India in summer is Srinagar situated in the Kashmir Valley. It is the best place for honeymoon due to beautiful trees, snowy peaks, and pleasant environment. People come here to visit throughout the year. In Srinagar, you can visit Mughal Garden, Jamia Masjid, Hazratbal Masjid, Shankaracharya Temple, Pari Mahal Garden, Tulip Garden, Dal Lake, and many other beautiful places. Apart from this, you can also stay here in houseboat. The months of March through October are the finest for travel here.
- How to reach: One can reach Srinagar through air, rail and road travel.
- Air Travel: There is air service from all major cities to Srinagar Airport.
- Rail travel: Direct bus or car will be available from the nearest railway station Udhampur or Jammu Tawi to Srinagar.
- Road Travel: Srinagar is connected to the whole country by road. You can easily reach Srinagar by road.
Darjeeling, West Bengal
Known as the Queen of Heels, Darjeeling has always been a good honeymoon destination. There is greenery everywhere in this beautiful city. It is famous for tea all over the world. You can visit the beautiful snow-capped mountains, deodar forests, natural beauty, waterfalls, Tiger Hills, Sandakphu Trek, Batasia Loop, Peace Pagoda, Rimbic, Ghoom Monastery, etc.
- How to reach: Can be reached through road, rail and air.
- Air Travel: The nearest airport to Darjeeling is the Bagdogra Airport in Siliguri.
- Rail Travel: Jalpaiguri Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Darjeeling.
- Road trip: You can reach Darjeeling by bus, car and bike via Siliguri.
The state of Meghalaya located in Northeast India is a very beautiful honeymoon destination. Meghalaya means the abode of clouds. Like its name, it has white skies, greenery and beautiful views. Which also makes your mood good with your partner. Here you can visit Shillong Peak, Umiam Lake, Wards Lake, Dimpep Viewpoint, Balpakram National Park, Elephant Fall, Don Bosco Museum, Noh Ka Likai Waterfall, U Moringkhang Bamboo Trek and Living Root Bridge of Thailang River. Apart from this, you can also visit Mawlynnong, the cleanest village in Asia.
- How to reach: You can come to Meghalaya through all the three routes. But first you have to come to Shillong from where you can visit all the tourist places of Meghalaya.
- Air Travel: The nearest airport is Guwahati Airport.
- Rail travel: The nearest railway station is also located in Guwahati, Assam.
- Road trip: After reaching Guwahati by plane or train, you can reach Meghalaya by car.
Nainital is a famous hill station surrounded by many lakes. Peaks surrounded by snow can be seen all around this hill station. Going here can make your honeymoon memorable. Nainital is a hill station situated in Uttarakhand. Newly married couples, couples, families, many people come here to visit.
Talking about the places to visit in Nainital, there are many places like Nainital Lake, Tiffin Top, Pangot and Kilbiri Bird Sanctuary, Naina Peak, Pant GB Pant High Altitude Zoo, Gurni House, Snow View Point, St. John’s Church, Naina Devi Temple. You can go for a visit.
The time to visit Nainital is from March to June. The weather here is cool and pleasant in this month. People go for walks in this season to escape from the scorching heat.
Read Also: Winter Honeymoon Destination in India