Roasted grams, also known as gram dal or channa dal, are a type of legume that have been split and then roasted until they become golden brown. They are popular in many Indian cuisines and are often used in curries, snacks, and other dishes. Roasted grams provide a crunchy texture and nutty taste to recipes. They can be cooked alone or mixed with other ingredients such as spices, vegetables, and meats.
Aside from being a popular ingredient in cooking, roasted grams offer numerous health benefits. They are high in dietary fiber and proteins which help keep you feeling full longer. Additionally, they contain essential vitamins such as folate, thiamin and magnesium which aid in overall health. Roasted grams are also low in fat and have no cholesterol making them an excellent choice for heart-healthy diets. Furthermore, the dietary fiber content aids in digestion promoting good gut health.
In regards to preparation for cooking, roasted grams should be washed thoroughly before use to remove any dirt or debris that may be present on the surface of the beans. Once washed they can be boiled until tender or left overnight to soak before using them in recipes. When boiling them it is best to add some salt to enhance their flavor and make them even more enjoyable to eat.
Roasted grams are versatile ingredients that can be added to various dishes including curries, salads, soups, pilafs and cakes – making them an ideal choice for anyone looking for an interesting flavor addition to their meals.
10 Benefits of eating roasted grams include
1. Roasted grams provide essential vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc and vitamin B6.
2. They are an excellent source of dietary fiber which helps in digestion and promotes regular bowel movements.
3. Roasted grams are a rich source of protein that helps to build muscle mass and maintain overall health.
4. Eating roasted grams can help reduce cholesterol levels by preventing the absorption of fat in the body.
5. The high content of carbohydrates found in roasted grams makes them a good energy source for athletes or those who have physically active lifestyles.
6. Roasted grams contain antioxidants that fight free radicals that can cause damage to our cells and bodies over time.
7. Roasted grams are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates which are necessary for providing energy and maintaining normal blood sugar levels.
8. The magnesium in roasted grams helps to prevent a number of diseases like diabetes, osteoporosis, heart disease and hypertension.
9. Eating roasted grams can help reduce the risk of certain cancers such as colorectal cancer due to their high content of phytochemicals.
10. Roasted grams have been linked with improved brain health and cognitive functioning due to the presence of essential fatty acids like omega-3s.
All these 10 benefits make roasted grams an ideal snack that can be consumed regularly for optimal health and wellbeing.
Read Also: Collagen